You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

$138 - 14 Meal Challenge


I love going to the grocery store! I always try and shop very budget-consciously. My bill is usually around $100 for the week and I typically save at least a 1/3. Today I went grocery shopping and spent $138. I was a little mad at myself....then I realized I had 14 plus meals, as well as paper towels, diapers and other bigger ticket items. It inspired me to blog about it. Stay tuned to see how far I can stretch that dollar over the next 2 weeks!

I try and choose healthy, simple recipes. I can guarantee there will be a cheat meal here and there! However, we all need to keep items on hand to feed hungry mouths quickly!

Whenever I see that Publix has their brand pizzas on sale, I will pick up one or two. For $3.99, you have an easy lunch or dinner. A good idea is to keep a plain, cheese pizza in your freezer. Top it with whatever you have in the fridge. I love pears, goat cheese, and prosciutto. Voila! A quick gourmet pizza that does not break the bank!

Meal #1: Plain cheese pizza topped with whatever ingredients that you have on hand to create your own specialty za!


No comments: