You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tina's Apple "Of My Eye" Pie

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away...or maybe the Esthetician! This apple pie recipe comes from my childhood girlfriend, Tina Angers. We literally have been friends since early elementary school. If I was only more skilled at using a scanner I could find some pretty hilarious pictures! She is currently a fabulous Esthetician up in New Jersey. How is that for a job with a few perks!? Blonde Appetit knows that it takes more than a pretty face to get you by in this world: of course you need good friends, healthy living, and a brisk run too!!! However, I love to be pampered and as mentioned in an earlier blog, I do not look my age, so why should I act it. I want to continue to look fresh faced and healthy. Hello-o-o-o-o Tina! I mean, the apples must do wonders for her...check out that skin! Love the glow!

Speaking of glowing...this apple pie might as well just be a love potion in a baking pan. Tina has the "best boyfriend in the world". I know for a fact that she bakes him these special apple pies. Tina claims that she is an Esthetician, not a magician. I don't know...she sure is lucky in love! Hey single gals - try making your potential suitors this powerful dessert...keep me posted. I want an invite to the wedding!

Apple "Of My Eye" Pie
courtesy: Tina Angers
It's really rather simple...I cheat w/ the pie crust...usually pillsbury frozen, ready-made crust.

Ingredients:

2 ready-made pie crusts

approx 5 large apples (I use 4 granny smith and 1 macintosh)

1/3 to 1/2 cups of sugar ( I tweak it and mix 1/2 brown sugar, 1/2 regular sugar)

1/2 tspn cinnamon

1/2 tspn nutmeg

1/8 tspn salt

2 tbspn butter (chopped up in cubes)

Choose your favorite large bowl and hand mix together:

Peeled and chopped apples
sugar
nutmeg
salt

Once mixed, arrange in pie crust. Sprinkle chopped butter on top of apple mix. Place second pie crust upside-down on top of pie filling. Press edges togetherBake at 425 for 40-50 min, or until golden brown. Delicious!!!

4 comments:

Lori said...

WOW, that sounds easy enought for me to make!

Anonymous said...

Awww, Lisa, I'm flattered! Thanks for the wonderful write-up! :) xo

Anonymous said...

Get a life girls. Like making an apple pie is SOOOO difficult, especially with pillsbury dough. Get real.

Unknown said...

Hey Tina-
What's your recipe for toast?