You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Sorry, I Don't Eat Buffalo. - Jessica Simpson


The University of South Carolina Gamecocks are lookin' hot, hot, hot!!!
We had back-to-back SEC wins, Spurrier's confidence in Garcia is growing, and we landed lastest recruit Gibson. My good friend, and fellow Za's co-worker, is a loyal reader of Blonde Appetit. He passed on this zesty dip, which I think makes a perfect appetizer for watching football games. While it is served warm, it may be best for at-home gatherings, unless you have a heat source at your tailgate.


Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 lb boneless chicken (2 breasts) - boil 20 mins or until done then shred or chunk

½ or ¾ cup Hot Sauce ( I use Texas Pete or Franks)

1 cup blue cheese dressing

2-8oz bricks cream cheese (room temp to mix)

12oz Monterey jack cheese ( or Cheddar or whatever you perfer. for extra zing try pepperjack)

Mix everything together – cover the top w/cheese Bake @ 350 for 30mins

Serve with tortilla chips and celery (for a low-carb dieters!)


While the Gamecocks are lookin' HOT, the temperatures on Saturday will be COOL...63 high, 50 low, with a chance of showers.


2 comments:

CarolinaBlonde said...

A Elmore wrote at 10:06pm
I love your blog- so fun!

KaitCav said...

I make my Buffalo Chicken Dip with canned chicken. Swanson Chicken is made with only white meat chicken (I work with them so I know!) and it makes the consistency of the dip better because you don't get bites with large chunks of chicken and then bites with no chicken at all! Swason Chicken also saves time from having to cook and shred your own chicken! Check out my recipe on entertainingescapades.blogspot.com