You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Predictions 2009

Okay! I was tagged by Anne from The Daily Digress ,with a fun and inspirational idea. You see, she was tagged by Blog O' Beth, whom she is quite fond of and decided to carry on the tradition. We were all challenged to document our own News Years Predictions. We are to choose 5 predictions and then tag at least 3 others to do the same. I feel like I am doing an adult version of a silly children's game. And therefore, I kinda like it. Youth is wasted on the young. Ha! What an old lady expression! I really don't feel that way considering I am amazed at how childish I actually am in this adult body. Yikes. Am I really an adult? No way. It's the kids table for me, baby.

Okay! Here we go...

1. I predict that my gal pals and I will have a glorious time in Vegas this April, and an even more rockin' time seeing Elton John. It will bond us together, with glorious memories and such. Even though I am a novice gambler, I will channel the high-rollin' spirit of my daddy-o and will win big!!! Move over Moneymaker! And remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! Shhhhhhh. For an article for a local magazine, I recently interviewed a psychotherapist who informed me that a study showed that what makes people most happy is spending quality, intimate time with people of your same sex. Girl's Night Out anyone?


2. I predict, uggghhhhhhhhhhh, why do I do this to myself: The Gamecocks will have a better season this year than last. *thump* *thump* *thump* that's me banging my head against the wall.

3. I predict that my new job with be a great new experience for me. A big challenge, yet I will persevere and become the Rookie of the Year! oh....and I will finally finish my book.

4. I predict that after reading up on food trends for 2009, I am confident these three will hit big: Luxury for Less - meaning simple, yet elegant dinner parties over extravagant events, affordable cuisine selections vs over-priced, froo-froo entrees, Peruvian is the new Thai: Peruvian cooking is influenced by a melting pot of countries and cultures, and look for a trend towards Tea: green, antioxidants, organic, ginger, the possibilities are limitless.



5. I predict that this is the year of the comeback: Britney will rock it. Jennifer Aniston will finally stop whining and come into her own personally and professionally, Oprah will re-embrace living the good life and get skinny again, and most importantly...the USA will actually have an influential political leader. And bo-ho chic will be big again. Peace. It's a beautiful thing. ohhh.....I also think that platinum blonds will be big in 2009. Where's that peroxide?

I am going to tag the following: Hey ladies...I hope that you try and document your 2009 predictions: Angie with Oh My Goff, Hayley with Buff Chickpea, and Dee with Texas to Mexico. Happy New Year ladies and Good luck! I look forward to reading your thoughts!

Lemon-Ginger Iced Tea with Berry Cubes (remember what I said about tea!)
Ellie Krieger

Ingredients
1 cup (4 ounces) raspberries, rinsed
Water for ice cube trays, plus 8 cups water, divided
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup (2 ounces) coarsely chopped fresh ginger
6 white tea bags
3 lemons, juiced (about 1/2 cup)
Lemon slices
Mint sprigs, for garnish

Directions
Place about 4 raspberries in each compartment of an ice cube tray, 6 hours before serving iced tea. Fill with water and freeze.
Place honey, 2 cups water and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Let mixture steep for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, then strain out solids.
In a pitcher combine strained liquid with 6 cups water and lemon juice. Chill in refrigerator.
To serve, place 3 ice cubes in a tall glass and pour iced tea over cubes. Garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs.

p.s. I hear it is good with vodka. hmmmm. and cheers!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Got ya! Will be posting that tag soon! Hope that prediction about Peace comes true~it is a beautiful thing. Peroxide? I might need to stock up here South of the Border! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm barely catchin' my breath back on US soil and already gettin' tagged! For you anything doll! xo Great predictions!

Chef E said...

I had to come over here and look since Dee tagged me...nice blog...and you are so gorgeous...look like you would have fit right in with the Sex & City gals very well!