You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Melanie's Infamous Poo Poo Patties

This recipe comes to me from one of my dear college girlfriends. Melanie and I were Kappa Delta pledge sisters at the University of South Carolina. One look at this photo from her Rock and Roll Surprise Birthday Party and you can already tell that that she loves life and her enthusiasm is contagious! We hit it off, and I had the honor of spending Thanksgiving with her family in Hampton, SC. She introduced me to Harold's Country Club in Yemassee. Harold's is a gas station/bait and tackle shop that come sundown, has quite a nightlife. A good old southern redneck nightlife...and they serve up some good grub too. You don't have to take my word for it, as this is coming from a girl that once karaoked at a gas station in Bythewood, but I love this kind of stuff! But back to Melanie, she is a witty, wise-cracker that has a heart of gold and is always up for a good time. The name of her recipe says it all...she will have you laughing all the way to kitchen. *

Melanie's Infamous Poo Poo Patties
courtsey: Melanie Brant DeMasi

I know the name doesn't sound too appetizing. However, they are quite the contrary. Trust me, your taste buds will thank me!!

Ingredients:
•1 pkg of BAYS sourdough English muffins
•1 jar of Kraft’s Old English sharp cheddar cheese (usually located on the spaghetti sauce aisle, next to the grated parmesan cheese)
•1 pkg Jimmy Dean ground Italian sausage
Note: For best results, you must use "sourdough" muffins and "Italian" sausauge.
Directions:
1.Preheat over to 400 degrees
2.Brown the sausage in a skillet.
3.Prepare your muffins by cutting them in half
4.Immediately combine cooked sausage and Old English Cheese together in a bowl.
5.Spread the sausage/cheese mixture on your English muffins halves.
6.Place the 12 open faced muffins on a baking sheet and bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown. For extra crispy muffins broil for an additional minute or two.
*This is a wonderful breakfast idea when entertaining over the holidays. People always devour these guys, so I'm sure to make multiple batches. For you can freeze up to one month before cooking. Simply follow steps 2-5, and freeze in a container lined with parchment paper for best results.ENJOY!
Link for more information about Harold's: http://www.savannahoffthebeatenpath.com/Food/harold
*JUST FOR CLARIFICATION. Melanie is not a silly redneck. I remember when I first met her she was so put together it was intimidating! So chic! Even for a college kid! She's got style and class! But cross her, and she'll kick your a$$. (it just rhymed) I got a laugh at the response that I received from her after this post. I hope that she is half-joking!
via facebook:
Re: Blondeappetit Feature
I can't believe you went with that pic ... jeez louise!And the Harold's Country Club story ... I mean could you make me look/sound any worse? Eh-hem what will my fans think?What karaoke bar in Blythewood? FYI - I'm still a karaoke whore. I have my own karaoke machine and over 900 songs on hand. Woo-hoo! Move over Janis ... here I come.xoxo,Mels
GOTTA LOVE HER!!! LET'S DO A GIRLS WEEKEND! SOON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO KD!! Those patties sound DELICIOUS!