You Are What You Eat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Quiet Slaw


Are you ready for some football? Jr. had the boys over, plus one!, to watch Monday Night Football. Football, guys, and a roaring fire = BURGERS! I was contemplating a girls' night in (me, myself, and Twilight!) and when I declined the initial invite, I could tell he wanted either my help or company...or both! Before I left my house, I told him to call me if he needed me to pick anything up.

Ring-ring: Could you get slaw mix, the good ranch dressing, and feta? And firewood!

Ring-ring: Could you pick up some jalapenos and cheese too!
Typical. (smile!)

The boys started the fire, Jr. was making burger patties, and I made the slaw. Jr. inherited this recipe from his buddy Quiet Ben, hence the name: Quiet Slaw. It is understated, yet complements any meal. I don't remember the score of the game, but this simple dinner received rave reviews!

Quiet Slaw:

1 package slaw mix

1/3 or to taste good ranch dressing, from the produce section

1/2 container feta, or to taste

a good squeeze lemon juice (I forgot this one, and Jr. did not include it on this grocery list, I think it can be omitted!)

lots of pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Chill.

Jr. Hot and Spicy Burger's

1 93/7 ground beef patty (that's what was on sale)

1 slice cheddar cheese

sliced onion

jalapenos

whole grain mustard

toasted bun (I opted for no buns)

The cool, creamy slaw and spicy burger make for a tasty combination!

No comments: